Thursday, August 11, 2011

Changes

This blogging business is hard work!




Having to come up with something to talk about or show you every day or so takes commitment. Now don’t get me wrong I am not shy of commitment (I don’t think anyone could be that runs their own business) but that’s just it, running your own business takes up the majority of my time and well, there just isn’t much time for a lot else, especially when you throw in a family as well. When I read full time bloggers entries about planning and thinking ahead and writing posts in the supermarket, I have been known to think to myself “how extreme”.


But you know what? What I am currently doing is not working – posting when I have completed a photo session or think of something to blog about and then promptly forget about what I was planning the very next second, because the bins need putting out or accounts need doing.


So, I am making a greater commitment to me (and to you, those of you that still read my blog that is) to do some planning, create a more visually attractive place to stop by (you may have already seen some changes….it’s a work in progress but I will get there), but more importantly I have always wanted my blog to be a great resource about photography and anything else that comes my way in the course of the day, week, month, year.


It has always been a mantra of mine to share my knowledge with whoever wants to pick my brains or visit here to perhaps find the answer to a question they might have or just to have a nosy and check out what I have been up to. I always appreciate the comments left here and feedback is something I think every blogger craves….interaction with another human being is just natural.


I’m still learning – I think we all are no matter what we choose to focus on. If you think you have nothing to learn then think again – there is always room for improvement no matter what we choose to pursue in life. I do not profess to be an expert, for an expert becomes complacent and often misses opportunities that cross their paths. The word laziness comes to mind. I work hard to keep my business functioning and also balance in my life with a family to think of on a daily basis. They will always come first, but sacrifices are made along the way so that I can remain passionate about my photography and personal hobbies.


There will be more posts on resources, how I do things in Photoshop Lightroom and Photoshop, practical tips on camera gear and well just taking photos.


So I’m hoping to be here more often and tantalise your curiosity with more than just photography and maybe, just maybe a little more about me and my every day!

1 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

What an inspirational post. I love that you want to share your knowledge and help others grow in what ever field they choose. Blog posts don't need to be amazing they just need to come from the heart. Stay true to yourself and keep your passion alive, look after yourself and your family and the rest will just come together when it needs to.
Just keep sharing your photo's and thoughts and words... I love it.
love me :-)