Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Workshop, Retreat etc.

Sorry about neglecting you, but things have been rather busy around here on the business and personal fronts.

My "Get your camera off auto" workshop at Tomorrow's Memories is now officially full and we are taking expressions of interest for a second course which is a possibility if we get minimum numbers. Ring TM's on 9279 2183 if you would like to attend this informative workshop.

So I have been finalising course material this week and I'm so looking forward to meeting all the participants (some new friends and some old). If you are on Facebook then login and RSVP to my event at Sharon Manning Photography and meet some of the other participants. You will have to "like" me here first.

Don't forget to charge your camera's batteries and bring along your camera manuals, notebook and pens.

This Friday 6th and Saturday 7th August, Sharon Manning Photography will be on display at The Shops in Ellenbrook. So if you are in the area then please come by and say hello. You will find me just near Brumby's Bakery!

On a personal note - last weekend we spent Xmas in July with 21 of our friends at our dear friends' cottages in Balingup - Balingup Heights - Brian and Deb have made the "tree change" and hosted us all for our annual get together....kids and all. Altogether there are 26 of us with kids ranging from nearly 6 to nearly 18! It was a fabulous weekend of walking (my calf muscles are still suffering), laughing and lots of eating. Thank you Vanallens for your hospitality and great company on Sunday night too.

This one was taken on one of our morning walks around the property. I love how the misty light is catching the tops of the ferns to the right. There are some more to come once I get the chance to go through them.

One last thing!

The Scrappin' Outback 11th Wave Rock Retreat has been announced for 22nd-24th October in Hyden. I will be attending as a participant this time, which I am so looking forward to.

I'm taking expressions of interest for those that would like to book a Photo Session in Hyden. I will only be avilable prior to the retreat, not after. So drop me an email if you are interested!

I think that covers everything around here for the last few weeks. See you next time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that photo Sharon! Looking forward to catching up at Hyden!
Ann S

Anonymous said...

what a stunning photo Sharon!!

Lissy said...

Superb photo Sharon :) Looking forward to the course :) YAY!!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, that photo is amazing Sharon! xo

Gayle said...

Gorgeous photo!!!
Glad you are coming to the retreat :) You'll have no excuses not to get lots of LOs done hehe ;)

Mark Griffin said...

Great shot, has a beautiful depth about it, I bet it would look printed really big. Mark

Anneli - A'la Foto said...

What a beautiful light...love that you can see the sunbeams through the trees! Lovely!