Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Playtime

I have been wanting a new Canon 50mm 1.4 lens for a while now and decided to hire one last weekend and trial it. I used it a little at Vic and Sandra's Wedding Blessing on Sunday but wanted to give it more of a go with some portrait photography. So my trusty model was willing and able after school on Monday so we stepped literally 20 metres from our back door and I shot the following images.

I've also been playing quite a bit in Lightroom and some of the presets available out there for different "looks". I mainly use these for a quick edit and like to rely on Photoshop for a full edit. One of my favourites has to be the CoffeeBar series of presets from Coffee Shop Photography. I also use some of Rita's Photoshop Actions too and have found them to be a valuable tool when I don't want to spend alot of time editing.





I used flash on this next one and applied Scorched Honey in editing again but played with the colour saturation shift to get the tonings I was after.









On this next one there was alot of natural sun backlighting Gemma already so all I had to do was back it of a little. I think this one is my favourite one of them all.


I think it's really important to keep trying new things as a Photographer, it keeps me on my toes and pushes me out of the square sometimes and when I see the results it motivates me to keep moving forward.
Let me know which ones you like? - it's always nice to get feedback.

1 comments:

Lissy said...

well I have NO idea what that lens is or does....lol...but like the photos...esp three and the last one I think!