Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Past and Present!

OK I know I haven't been here for a while but I actually did write a blog for Easter but never posted it.....so here it is....

I returned from Easter to 124 blog updates in just 4 days and while I have been trying to catch up on them all (whilst doing the mountains of washing) I have been enjoying reading about all the different ways you have spent the Easter break What did we do? We went south with about 10,000 others….although you wouldn’t have known it until we headed back to Perth yesterday. We rented a stunning house in Gracetown with some friends of ours and their parents who are here visiting from England. What a gorgeous town Gracetown is, just perfect for the relaxing getaway with sea views to die for. We had fantastic company, good food, yummy wines and best of all we relaxed.

The boat got a work out on Friday (perfect weather conditions for some fishing offshore) and also Monday morning before packing up to come home.

We had a pretty good run home yesterday until we hit Coolup (about 15kms south of Pinjarra) where the traffic came to a standstill, we went from 100km/hr to 0km/hr in about 2 seconds so I’m surprised there weren’t accidents galore. We decided to take a detour into Dwellingup and connect up north of Pinjarra again in North Dandalup….a good move in hindsight. Steve was in his car towing the boat and ended up sitting in the line of traffic for about 1 ½ hours…not much else he could do really. The joys of heading south at Easter!!!….we should have taken an extra day off and headed back today…without the traffic.

Here are some photos I have been playing with this morning instead of packing for Hyden on Friday! I kinda like them but would love some feedback from you! Let me know what you think? Please?


Back to the present…..

Home from Hyden!

Wow! What an awesome weekend we all had. Karen did an amazing job once again to make this retreat even better than the one before….from the bottom of my heart Karen, Thank You for being the most wonderful host a tutor could ask for. To everyone that attended and participated in the classes, you girls are fantastic and the very reason I come back!

Along with Alli Paterson and Gayle Smith we managed to teach 6 classes over the weekend (4 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday) and we had some very positive feedback that the classes were spot on…..those that chose not to do the classes were in fact disappointed when they saw the results that the ladies came up with. As a tutor I think that this is the most exciting part – to see all the different interpretations of my work, ladies taking the ideas and making something that is their own.

Some photos from the weekend.


These are just some of the ladies that did my Memory Frame class - there were some pretty funny photos in addition to this one but I thought I may get into trouble for posting them!

I arrived home at about 7.15pm Sunday night to a sick daughter and one that was still out with friends for the day. Steve is still in China and hopefully be home sometime around midnight tonight.
I have a Wedding to photograph on Sunday which I am really looking forward to, hopefully I will have some shots to share next week.
I've also done a few more layouts which I will share once I can sort out some issues with Photoshop on my computer.....some I finished off at the retreat and also Alli and Gayle's classes too. Love the explosion box Gayle - I have already made 2 today for gifts using my Easter photos.
OK off to a drama performance by Gemma tonight, must remember my camera.
Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Great photos Sharon! Love the photo collage! Wish I have have taken more photos. Glad you enjoyed the photo box.

Lissy said...

Sounds like all went well on the weekend :) Like the photos too :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice Easter, Sharon. I do really like the photos!