Sunday, December 23, 2007

Is it Christmas?

I have such good intentions every year of cooking, making pressies and generally getting into the Christmas spirit….and every year it doesn’t quite happen. There are so many pressies under the Christmas tree that I think we need a bigger tree. It’s a great feeling actually, I’m organised and all we have to get tomorrow is the Gourmet Turkey Roll and Ham from the butchers. But the Christmas Spirit is just not happening for me, it doesn’t feel like Christmas.

Steve finished work on Friday at about 2.00pm and it has been great to spend some time with him over the last few days without the stresses of working. We went shopping in Joondalup yesterday and Steve finished off his presents and then we did the food shopping….mayhem would be a good word to describe the atmosphere….pushing a trolley full of food through the malls was not fun – it always amazes me that people with no bags of shopping in their hands still expect you with a fully laden trolley of Christmas fare to get out of their way! Add to that a trolley that has a mind of its own and………well you get the picture.

I have managed to do some of these….. Classic Cocoa! Yum!

Very easy to do but the jars were extremely hard to find.

I would like to wish you and your families a very
Merry Christmas
and if you have to be on the roads, then please stay safe!
Thank you to everyone that has dropped in on my blog and left messages, I really appreciate it and love reading all my comments.
OK I'm off for a swim and some yummy prawns for dinner!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I know what you mean Sharon, do you think it is because our kids are a bit older now? I still have bits n pieces to do tomorrow!!!
I have until the 7th of January off so we should try catch up before I start my new job.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Steve and the girls xxx

Luv you lots..... Jen xxx

Anonymous said...

OH, those jars of Christmas cocoa are so cute!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family, I hope you have a lovely holiday season!

Alli said...

you were very brave going to Joondalup! we had thoughts of visiting Whitfords yesterday then decided against it and had santa photos down at the little shops at ocean keys..

and yes I am looking for my Christmas spirit today as I have to start preparations for lunch tomorrow, is it really worth spending 8 hours cooking and cleaning, I'm trying to find that excitement I had last year

have a lovely Christmas Sharon!

Lissy said...

That classic cocoa looks great what ever it is...lol...

And I love my bag - plenty of comments about it too :)