Monday, October 1, 2007

1st of October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh where has the year gone? I was going to accomplish so much more this year and time is running out fast. I did buy a couple of Christmas presents the other day when I spotted them on special. They don't have names on them yet but I know they will come in handy.

It's no secret I am a list person, Michelle gives me heaps about it all the time and Steve just rolls his eyes. It works for me, without my diary and list of "to do's" I would be lost. I came across this blog today and found the following.....

Top Ten Signs You Are An Obsessive Listmaker
1. Nothing "counts" unless it's on the list and you cross it off.
2. You sometimes write down tasks you've just done so you can cross them off.
3. You get a perverse thrill from writing down tiny tasks that others find unnecessary to list: "eat,” "drink water,” “brush your teeth.”
4. You find them in your purse, car, jacket pockets, junk drawer, etc.
5. You save lists for posterity.
6. Your lists have lists.
7. You perceive your lists as works of art.
8. You react with apprehension if someone suggests an activity and it wasn’t part of today’s plan.
9. You've recopied a list to make it perfect.
10. You're lost without one.

I think I scored 8/10 on this one......sad I know, I can see Steve rolling his eyes now.
So I leave you with some photos from the Fishing Trip to Coral Bay - I think we ate some of the one of the left the other night for dinner! Yum, so nice to have fresh fish again.

I better go make some deserts for our guests.....see ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that "list" is great!! I love lists!!! I scored 9/10, LOL! I don't write down "brush teeth" or "eat" (that's just weird!!) but I definitely do add things to my lists after they're done, just so I can cross them off of tick them!!

Listmakers of the world unite!!

Lissy said...

The fish looks great - glad Steve caught some this time!

I write lists but not that obsessively...lol

Have a great day with your friends :)

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow that fish looks yummy, love your collapsible bucket too it looks so handy. KWYM about our scrap rooms, no sooner are they tidied and the next creation makes it scrap again!!! And having kidlets that love to create in your space adds double disaster but hey I guess they look used and very loved when they are a tad messy.
Take care
Trace.

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow that fish looks yummy, love your collapsible bucket too it looks so handy. KWYM about our scrap rooms, no sooner are they tidied and the next creation makes it scrap again!!! And having kidlets that love to create in your space adds double disaster but hey I guess they look used and very loved when they are a tad messy.
Take care
Trace.

Tracey Bower said...

oops sorry for the double take.
heehee hee.
Trace.

Jen said...

OMG!!! I am a list maker! I usually say no, no my hubby makes all the lists but the last two months I can see I make more and more of them! I have gone from making prob two a year to one a week, I know that is not much for listies like you BUT for someone who doesnt usually use lists this is huge!and I actually "get" the thing about adding something to cross off! Obscure!!!

I love the sewing you have been doing as well oh la la! love the bucket.

You know a woman would never hold fish up like that for a photo! LOL..... good on him, I hope he had a wonderful time away.(I know you miss him heaps when he goes away)

Unlike you, I dont like school holidays (actually I do like them, when I'm NOT working) it is really hard to find somewhere for the boys to be! except at home fighting of corse. The teenagers program I had them in now has things in the evening/nights.. hello.. I need it during the daylight hours!

Have a wonderful two weeks with your loveley girls (I had to laugh at the "I'm bored" comment) Our boys have PS2, X Box, X Box 360, Nindendo Wii, the computer with the net, Foxtel and a theatre room..... and they still winge that they are bored.... I could use that sentence... "In my day etc" but I'm not ready to totally turn into my Mum yet LOL...

Love Heaps and Heaps
Jen xxx


PS( because this is not quite long enough!.. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, you are such a georgous person)