Thursday, March 15, 2007

SOS & Sneek Peak!


OK I am putting out the word.....or rather asking....does anyone have, or know an Aussie shop that may have a Scrapworks Bay Box Album in black leather? (They are now called Anthologies but the old name for them is Bay Box) I am desperate!!!!!!!!!!! I have just been informed that the shipment won't arrive for another 3 weeks into Australia and even then there are no black ones coming, they are delayed for some reason. I need it for an album that I am doing and the client has requested black leather!
Please if anyone can help me can they please email me or leave a comment, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!

Sneak Peeks

Here is the sneak peek for one of my classes for the Scrappin’ Outback retreat at Hyden from 30th March to 1st April.
My other class details, which is an off the page project should be available in the coming days! I am just making final touches to it.

You can also check out Lissy and Alli’s blogs for their classes which personally I can’t wait to do myself.

This layout turns back the clock to the vintage era. You will learn the basic elements that make up a vintage layout and use several different techniques to achieve that certain “old world charm”.


So you will need:


  • 1 x Sheet of Black or co-ordinating Bazzill
  • 1 x Sheet of Daisy D’s – Show Offs – No. 16 or paper of your choice
  • 1 x Sheet of Daisy D’s – Show Offs – No. 13 or paper of your choice
  • 6 x Black Brads and 1 x Brass
  • 1 x 7 Gypsies 97% complete tag
  • 1 x Heidi Swapp chipboard clock (medium size) or old watch parts from home
  • gypsies metal index tab or cardboard one if you prefer
  • 2 x Photo Turns and brad to match – colour to suit paper choice or 2 x 7 Gypsies Arrow Photo turns and brad to match (Either will do)
  • 5x7 Black and White photograph and two smaller ones that can be cropped quite small i.e. to fit in a smaller negative slide or chipboard frame – Now these photos don’t need to be of a vintage nature but it would help!
  • Chipboard letters of your choice for a title
  • Length of braid or ribbon
  • Sanding block, emery board or sandpaper and edge distresser if you have one
  • 2 small chipboard frames to match papers or raw (these can be painted to match the layout)
  • Any ephemera, vintage photos and cardboard alphabets like the Collections ones……….you know the really tiny ones you cut up……Don’t stress too much as I will be bringing mine with me to share
  • Some items to bring in from home include: Any vintage bits and bobs that may be appropriate that they may have at home eg. Old watch parts, old postcards, lace doilies, buttons, old gloves, charms, even raid the old sewing basket for thimbles etc.
  • Sepia toned stamp pad and sponging block
  • Tool kit
  • Double sided tape

Any queries please email me or leave a comment and I will respond!

Thanks

Sharon

2 comments:

Lissy said...

Can't help with the album sorry :(

BUT I can let everyone know that this layout by Sharon is FABULOUS! I am really looking forward to doing it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

Ouzo!!!! Now we are really turning back the clock. I dont think i have ever drank or smelt it since! Glad you remembered one of the highlights in your life though. lol Love the work that you are doing. You are "so" talented!!! Makes me want to give up work and join you. Take Care. Pauline xxx