Thursday, January 29, 2009

January has nearly gone

As January draws to a close I have been thinking about my word for 2009 - PERSPECTIVE - and wondering if I have at all achieved any kind of perspective in the last few weeks. One way I have been keeping track is to write lists (yes you all know I'm a list person) of the things that I (and we as a family) have done or would to like to have done.....so I thought I would share it with you all, this way I can be more accountable even if only to myself.

ACHIEVED

  • Spent New Year with family and friends - a tradition in our house
  • Just chilled at home and had PJ days
  • Family holiday - if you can call a 4 day break camping in 42 degree heat a family holiday? Than yes we did it - seriously though we all had a great time
  • Put fitness and diet into place for the rest of my life - I have been doing alot of research about this in the last month - my frame of mind had to be right and on the 6th January it was! So I'm 6.8kg down and 28.2kg to go. I can't tell you how good I feel - I just need to stay on the straight and narrow.
  • I scrapped a layout - yes only one - but it's a start!
  • Letting the girls have some freedom and with that comes more responsibility
  • Read 5 books - I go through spurts and spats with reading so after 5 I just wanted to have a break - truth be told I'm waiting on Renae's copy of Twilight to come home from a friend and that's the next one on my list to read
  • Cook more - I have definitely done this - Steve has been working on site in January so cooking dinner has been my job on a more regular basis - and I can honestly say I have been enjoying it!
  • Journal - I have started a new journal for the year using this ready to go one from Compendium....these are great as I can pop it in my bag and jounral whenever I want.

YET TO ACHIEVE

  • Use my art journal - I think I've been saving this for when the kids get back to school - so I can make a mess!
  • Housework - I've done very little over the holidays - only what has to be done - I do need an ironing lady though - the pile is starting to take over the laundry!
  • Sewing - I miss sewing - although a friend of mine has asked if I can help re-decorate her kids bedrooms so I think there will be time enough to get the sewing bug out of my system
  • Photo Freedom - Set up my "flow" of photos - I have all the gear ready to go - I just need more than a whole day to get it done - another "when school goes back" job

Have I achieved perspective? I think so, there's not much stress involved in not working in the month of January, although that may change very soon. Then my challenge of keeping everything in perspective may alter dramatically.

I'd love to hear if your "word" for 2009 is making any impact on your day to day life, so leave me a comment if you'd like to share.

Until next time.....Take Care

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your list idea Sharon, should do the same... although I'm chronic at writing lists and never seeing them again!

You've done brilliantly with your list so far Sharon!!

My main word... Breathe... yes and no so far. Yes in the sense that I am learning to let go of stress where I can! No in the sense that I still have a long way to go in controlling my actual breathing, but that will come when I cope better with the stress factors LOL!!

Hmmm what have I achieved... I have let go and slowed down, spent more time with Kel... I think that's quite an acheivement!

Lissy said...

YAY Sharon - 6.8 kg is FABULOUS :) I am inspired now by you and Alli to get serious :)

My word is simplicity...hence the big clean up and clear out over here...lol...