Tuesday, September 23, 2008

She's 16 today!

I'm glad I've had my first cup of tea for the day because blogging this one is not going to be easy!

My eldest daughter Renae turns 16 today! Happy Birthday sweetheart, I hope all your dreams come true.

After fighting to keep you for 5 months during my pregnancy, you were born at 23:23 on 23rd September 1992 weighing 9lb 7oz and our world changed from that moment on. You have grown into a beautiful young lady with a caring, thoughtful and all round gorgeous nature that we are extremely proud of. As you enter the next stage of your life and alot of changes are going to happen in the coming years, we wish you all the love and happiness you deserve. Love Mum, Dad and Gemma xxx.

Renae had a big 16th party with all her friends on Saturday night complete with bonfire....

I was informed after everyone went home that "it was the best party ever". Phew!

Last Friday night Gemma performed at her School Dance concert and was the star of the show with 9 appearances throughout the night and she was named Best Dancer for Year 9! Well done to my Dancing Queen! Steve got to see her solo competition routine and was blown away - he was speechless! I hope to take a photo of her with her trophy on the weekend. We have her Bullsbrook Dance Academy concert this Friday night, Competition next Tuesday at Karrinyup and then we are finished for the year! I'm looking forward to a break from dancing and I'm sure Gemma is too.

I'm working on my workshops for Hyden and should have some more sneak peaks later in the week.

We also have our Nieces wedding on Sunday which we are all looking forward to, she is going to make a stunning bride! Hopefully I can snap a few pictures and post up next week. I might even get a family shot of the four of us if I'm lucky!!!!!!!! Now that's rare.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Wow...16!
Happy Birthday Renae. Glad the party was great!
Hows the mini book coming on Sharon? I just have one more example to do for my Cuttlebug class then I am done...oh except for the instruction part.
i am looking forward to doing your Sunset one...I have the perfect photo for it which i have scrapped before but am not happy with it...so it shall be good ;)

Gayle said...

Just gotta add...gee Renae looks like you in that bottom photo!

Lissy said...

I bet 16 years have gone really fast!
Happy Birthday Renee and congrats Gemma - two fabulous duaghters you have there Sharon :)

Jo Kay said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, Renae looks so grown up!! The photo's are beautiful - wish her a belated happy birthday for me!
Jo :)