Thursday, January 24, 2008

It was meant to be!

I asked a question a couple of posts back about how people organise their photos electronically ready for scrapping....the other day when I was at Lis' she showed me how she organised and edited her photos and also how she stored them - very clever. Have I done mine yet? No! Yesterday I was reading Ali E's blog and she had a copy of Stacy Julian's new book called.......Photo Freedom - so of course I had to pre-order it....it was meant to be!

You can read some more about it here.

I know it's not about electronic storage and organisation of your photos (Well at least I don't think so) but I thought that perhaps I could adapt some of her ideas to suit.

My Paper Pesto February Kit arrived yesterday too - you can take a look at the sneak peaks here. Yum I love it and as soon as I opened it and devoured the contents I knew what photos were going to be scrapped! Can't wait to get into them now.

I have itchy feet - Steve looks like heading away overseas for work next month and I haven't really been anywhere for a while now (over 12 months actually) so I was thinking of choofing off somewhere in the next 6 months or so. Just need to decide where !

We have some exciting things to launch at sharonmanning.com.au in the next few weeks.....First one has already been posted up and that's my new Project Kit - you can check it out here. I'm working on the materials list and photos of the inside pages today so I should be able to add them to the site tomorrow. This kit is quick and easy, has plenty of room for journaling and comes with everything you need to complete your mini album, but more importantly is good value for money. I only have 9 of these kits available so if you would like one just follow the instructions on the Product page.

There are moves afoot on the Messageboard too with a new Swaps Forum which will be headed up by the very talented Jen Burns. Jen received a Honourable mention for her mini album in the Scrapbooking Masters and you can check out some of her latest journal work at her blog. So make sure you register (if you haven't already), more news to come in the next few days.

Tomorrow's Memories in Bassendean have a January special on my Acrylic 12x12 Frame-a-Page frames at just $15.95 each they are a bargain - go check them out!

I have been updating my 366 photos on Flickr - I've been taking photos daily but only uploading every couple of days. It's been fun - recording everyday stuff as well as the more exciting stuff. At the end of the 12 months it will be great to look back on I'm sure!

I know this is a long post so I will sign off and get back to some work. Have a great Australia Day long weekend everyone!

1 comments:

Lissy said...

A trip OS would be fabulous....so many great places to go :)

Your new kit looks great :)Love the colours :)

Like the look of that book too :)

Happy Scrapping with your Pesto kit :)