Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cake and more

Sunday is the day that we bake (when we do) and when the girls have someone over to stay they make a cake, muffins, brownies etc. So today they decided to make a cake and a cheesecake (which is in the fridge setting). Check out the cake!



I won't deny when I purchased this packet cake (ssshhhhhhh! I know what you are thinking, slack I know) I couldn't wait to see what it turned out like! Would it be scrapping material? Sad I know. Anyway I have taken this photo before they iced it and I think it's amazing the textures, colours and swirls just make you want to dive into it! Looks alot like some far off planet with craters and ridges.

Back to scrapping, just finalising my layout for the Hyden Retreat in 2 weeks time (just as well I read Lissy's blog cause I thought I had another week in there somewhere.....ooops). I should be able to give you a sneak peak in the coming days.

I received some awesome photos for the album this week that I am currently working on and can't wait to get started on it.......still collating and sorting pages at the moment. Got the photos done yesterday and you know I cannot rate Harvey Norman in Midland highly enough for the quality of photo they produce. Oh and a bonus, you can now order several different sizes in the one order without having to bug the staff to confirm each size/order (if you have used their machines you would know what I mean!).

My thoughts are with my girlfriend of many years at the moment. Her Grandmother passed away last weekend and the funeral is tomorrow.
This past week has been extremely difficult for her and her family, but in a way I think it is even more difficult for those slightly removed when you can see and hear someone very dear to you hurting, well sometimes you just feel helpless.



Have a great weekend and week ahead!
Cheers and take care.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mum
Look Its Our cake lol
The cheesecake tastes nice
Love you :)
Love Renae

Lissy said...

Great looking cheesecake :)

I am having a panic as I cannot find some fo my retreat stuff since moving.....I obviiously packed it in some oh so logical place...lol...so I have to keep unpacking but running out of options!

Megan P said...

Did you actually eat that cake Sharon? It can't be real, only golden make those colours!
Meganx

Anonymous said...

Yum Sharon, I think I've made that cake before and now you're making me want one!

What a cool photo!!!

Sounds like a great time had by all :)

Love your shoe too.

Nic xx

Judy said...

MMM... YUMMY... TOLD YOU WE WERE ALIGNED SOMEHOW - WE JUST PIGED OUT ON CHEESECAKE ALL WEEKEND ONLY IT DIDN'T LOOK AS GOOD AS YOURS BUT THE TASTE WAS AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that is a very out of this world looking cake.