Tuesday, January 3, 2012

“OLW” One Little Word 2012

I have been spending some time with my OLW for 2012 – “Change”.

After some soul searching and web searching, I came up with these definitions and I have tried to interpret them into something that would apply to me.  For me Change can be re-active or pro-active or a combination of both more than likely.

Here are just a couple that I related to:

change (chnj)

v. changed, chang·ing, chang·es

v.tr.

1. To cause to be different.

2. To give and receive reciprocally; interchange: change places.

3. To exchange for or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category: change one's name; a light that changes colours.

4. a. To lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; switch: change methods; change sides.

b. To transfer from (one conveyance) to another: change planes.

5. To put a fresh covering on: change a bed; change the baby.

v.intr.

1. To become different or undergo alteration.

2. To undergo transformation or transition.

3. To go from one phase to another, as the moon or the seasons.

n.

1. The act, process, or result of altering or modifying.

2. The replacing of one thing for another; substitution: a change of atmosphere; a change of ownership.

3. A transformation or transition from one state, condition, or phase to another.

4. Something different; variety.

Being organised and mindful of taking time out for myself will hopefully allow me to make some changes in 2012 that need to be made, but don’t necessarily have the answers for yet at this point in time.  Does that make sense?  Does to me!

What’s your OLW for 2012?  Do you have one?  Do you take time out to focus on you?  Do you think this makes you a happier/better person to be around?  I’d love to know so leave me a comment if you feel it’s something you would like to share.

Sharon xo

5 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

Love your word, that was my work a few years back.
My OLW for 2012 is balance.
Enjoy your journey.
love me :-)

black_taurus_moon said...

My mantra is still Keep Calm and Carry On......I am focusing on the word 'calm' this year.
I can deal with anything and anyone when you have a true sense of calm :)

Sharon Manning said...

Thanks Tracey! I always enjoy catching up with your journey too xxx

Sharon Manning said...

Black_Taurus_Moon - I have that poster in my kitchen as a daily reminder "Keep Calm and Carry On".....calm is very important.

Anonymous said...

That's a good word Sharon. I don't have one yet for this year... it will happen! As will yours... I hope your 2012 brings great things, with some pleasant changes!