Sunday, February 20, 2011

P365 : Update

I just thought I would check in here and see how everyone was doing with their P365?

Be sure to comment and leave me a link to your own projects and then we can share - I love looking at my own pictures but I also love looking at others'.  Inspiring each other to keep going and also give each other ideas about what we can photograph ourselves is a good idea.

When I started this journey I wanted to photograph my daily life, the mundane stuff, like what we had for dinner, the weather on that particular day etc.  I also wanted to throw in a couple of creative pictures along the way too because it's what I do.


I'm lugging my Canon 5d Mk II around in my Epiphanie bag most days and when my shoulder just doesn't feel up to it then I run with my iPhone and this combination is working just fine for me.  We have a small point and shoot also which hubby uses for work but I'm yet to snaffle that and give it a go.

I got my knickers in a twist the other day when I thought I had missed a day and realised that my 5d was recording the date a day ahead so I had to revert back to my diary and work out what day I took what photos......now this wouldn't have happened if I processed the photos each and every night but sometimes life gets in the way.

I'm not as obsessed with getting a photo every day as I thought I would be but it seems to be working out for me right now.  I know the day will come when I will miss a day - and you know what - that's ok, I will just fill the spot with another photo from another day, because at the end of the day it's still my life being recorded.  Some days I have the choice of more than one photo, so I don't think I will be short of "fillers".

You can visit my P365 here or click on the menu item at the top of the page or here at 365 Project

I'll be back next Sunday with some more tips and ideas for your own P365.  Until then, just shoot!

4 comments:

The Daily Apple said...

I haven't missed a day either and find most days I am quite looking forward to taking my shot for the day. I love seeing them all come together in my album also. I love that in years to come we can see the mundane and the fabulous days that were our lives in 2011.
http://kirstycampbell.typepad.com/p_3652011/

Kim said...

I haven't missed a photo yet either! I'm uploading them to facebook every day but haven't been so good about blogging. I'm loving your photos Sharon xx

Tracey Holdyk said...

I am just taking a photo when the mood takes me, so far its been nearly everyday. But I am really loving capturing the everyday.
love me :-)

Anonymous said...

Your going so well and I love seeing your snippets!

I've missed so many days, but some days are just too mundane to photograph, others too insanely busy! But the iPhone is my saviour lately... makes it a little easier to keep up!

Mis xo