Tuesday, December 28, 2010

P365

Isn't it true that a mechanics car is always in bad shape or a plumbers own toilet is nearly always blocked?  Well believe it when I tell you that I did not take one photograph on Christmas day or Boxing Day or since for that matter. My camera has not seen the light of day. 

Hopefully I can remedy that in 2011. 

At this time of the year I slow down to a pace where I get to think about some personal goals and aspirations for the coming year and one I have always wanted to achieve was the P365 project.  My lack of time for me has always prevented me from attempting this wonderful visual diary of a whole year, but in 2011 I am going to find the time to take more photographs for me, hopefully at least one a day!

Kerry Martin of Akemi Photography has also inspired me to take on this challenge and she has some great tips and tricks to keep the motivation going here.

How I display my images so that I can share them with you (and keep me accountable) is something I'm still working on and some portals I'm investigating include Flickr, shuttercal.com or maybe even just start a whole separate blog just for my P365 photos.  If you have any other suggestions for sites to share your daily images on then please let me know, I'd love to hear what you use!

How I collate my photographs at the end of the year is something I'm giving some thought to too and I have seen many different formats that I'm hoping will work for me.  You could even just choose to keep them totally digital.

So who is joining me?  Come on, we can all keep each other inspired to get to 31st December 2011 and create something very special to look back on in a years time.  Imagine!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I will definitely be doing it again Sharon. I did it this year and have loved every minute of it. I love going back over the photos now and seeing the little things that happened this year.

Kim xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon
I'll join you too. I received my Project Life kit for Christmas so hopefully that will help keep me accountable. I just have to MAKE time.
Kirsty

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me! I am up for the challenge!xxx

Binxcat1 said...

I did 365Project for 2010 and have LOVED it... not just from a scrapbooking perspective but as a real hard copy of what we were doing, places we went, people we had over etc.. from day to day... I have referred back to it often when I needed to recall events and dates. It is a great memory jogger and visually much easier than trawling back through a written diary. I used http://365project.org/binxcat1/365/2010-12 as it allowed me to also add journaling which I found very useful. PLUS you can follow others' projects so I hope you will join in there too so I can follow you... oh Guru of mine! ;) Happy 2011 to you and yours. OH and thanks for the 365 Diary idea in the above post... it looks AWESOME... for 2010 I used the Becky Higgins Project Life pack (12x12 album with divided page protectors, week to an opening, with title & journaling cards)... but this little diary is MUCH more what I am looking for for 2011. Thanks for sharing.