Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy, Busy Busy!

***WARNING very long post***
I can't begin to tell you how busy I have been! Well ok let me tell you, or even better show you.
Wed 13th May
I attended Maxine and Audrey's class at Tomorrow's Memories, which was alot of fun - Thanks ladies loved it!

On the same evening I drew Meredith's name out of the hat (well it was a little felt bag really) for a photographic session to the value of $225.00 donated by moi. Meredith is a regular at Tomorrow's Memories and provides lots of laughs at the Moonlight Scraps so I can't wait to do this photoshoot with her - it should prove alot of FUN!
Thu 14th May
I attended Tomorrow's Memories again for the Australia's Biggest Morning Tea which was very yummy....see....


Krissy's Rocky Road was to die for - except Vicki nearly choking to death on a piece. It's ok she recovered.

Make 'n' Takes. Tracey in full swing.



Auctions. Here's Clori with her Evana designed handbag - it was very special indeed.



And the beautiful "Inspiration Collage" was unveiled. Those who chose to participate in this amazing Artwork purchased a starter pack and went to work creating a "plaque" to add to the frame which adorns the wall at Tomorrow's Memories. It was a fantastic project to be a part of and I spent nearly an hour just looking at all the intricate details of each of the pieces. Stunning result! Lots of money was raised too for the Cancer Foundation of WA as part of the morning - lots of generous ladies!!!!



Friday 15th May
Back to Tomorrow's Memories in the evening (I was considering making up a bed in the kids playroom at this stage!) after taking Renae to the beautician for nails and eyebrow wax (I'll explain that one next). As part of the Birthday celebrations they decided to turn their Friday night Moonlight scrap into a Red Carpet event - formal dress was required (made from paper of course) and we were greeted with a glass of champagne on the Red carpet and welcomed with style. Lots of fun was had by all and congratulations to Amanda who won best dressed on the evening with a stunning outfit made from pale blue crepe paper. Here she is with Krissy- Photo blatently stolen from Krissy's blog - I'm sure she won't mind!



Sat 16th May
This day was possibly the biggest day of Renae's life yet - Year 12 School Ball. I haven't totalled the amount of kms I did this day but it was all worth the rush, stress and military precision the day required to be a success. Here she is all dressed up and looking just beautiful.



The dress was just sooooooo Renae and she looked comfortable which I can honestly say that some of the girls didn't look comfortable at all - ever practical my daughter and I wouldn't have her any other way.






Renae was very particular about how she wanted her hair and I have to thank our good friend Luisa for creating exactly what she had in mind - I helped her take it out at the end of the evening and I can tell you now that it was never going to fall out - I think there were about 100 pins hidden under those curls!


No Gemma wasn't Renae's date but I just love this photo of the two of them! Gemma is already planning hers - Whoa girl - let me recover from this one first - luckily I have 2 years to do just that.

OK let's fast forward now to last Tuesday/Wednesday

Wed 20th May
Gemma swam in the National Christian Schools Swimming Championships at Challenge stadium as part of the Western Australian team. After a training session on Tuesday we stayed overnight at the Sorrento Beach Resort and had a very early start on Wednesday morning arriving at the stadium by 7.30am for another 8am training session. Gemma had a long wait during the day as she was to swim in event 70 (the 50m Freestyle relay) and event 84 (50m Medley Relay) which was the very last race. Gemma placed fourth in both races which was a fantastic effort and I was one very proud Mum. She carried herself perfectly during the championships even though she was quite nervous to be competing at such a high level. Great job sweetheart!

Nervously waiting behind the blocks.







Sat 23rd May
I photographed a small wedding (referral came from Lis - Thanks Lis!). This wedding was supposed to take place down by the river but given the freezing temps and first winter rains we had all day Friday and into Saturday they decided to go indoors at Sitella Winery at the last minute - A wise choice! Here's just a sneak peek at the bride - stunning!



OK I'm done - all caught up now. So if you made it this far then thanks for your patience!
I have 2 birthday's this week - Steve's and my Goddaughter Georgia's oh and a Dance competition for Gemma - another busy one coming up me thinks.
Enjoy your week and hopefully I might get some creating done sometime soon to share with you.

0 comments: